CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

A good place to start would probably be the beginning...

In west Philadephia born and raised; On the playground is where I spent most of my days...

Kidding... Where do I start though? I suppose I start with my introduction to the internet.
That was in college. I never really saw much potential other than looking up my favourite bands and seeing when their next album would be out, and I was totally clueless to most things we take for granted. I suppose I'm still clueless about a lot of things, but I'm learning all the time, and there's always little bits of information you can pick up from various sources. Gaia Online is one of the websites where I've become more web aware, and more informed about certain things such as forums, html code, bb code, scams, phishing, scripting, other sites that have (or seem to have) close associacions with Gaia Online, such as Photobucket and Project Playlist / Playlist.com. Which is where I've downloaded a lot of my music. <.< ...It was a track at a time, but sometimes that's all I wanted. One of the worst things is spending 13 - 15£ on an album and then discovering you only like one or two songs on it. You may as well have bought the single. It would have probably been better. You might think you'd be safe if you listened to a demo of the songs first, but they only allow you a 30 second demo, and it's probably the best 30 seconds. Either that or they'll allow you to listen to the first 30 seconds, which is sometimes just the intro. Either way you have no idea what the song actually sounds like all the way through. Imagine buying an album and only liking 30 seconds of each song. That would be annoying at best, and at worst a horrible waste of money .

Ok that was a bit of a rant. I apologise. It happens sometimes. I get really passionate about things that are really unimportant (in the big scheme of things).

[insert second rant here]

I went off on one again. I think I'll save all that I said for another post. I'd like to get back to what I was talking about (Whatever the hell that was D:).
Oh that's right I was talking about how I learned things from Gaia Online that I didn't expect to.

Note: I only learned of these things. I didn't become a master of them or anything like that.

My point is that you can learn things in the most unlikely of environments. Not all the things I've become aware of are good things (Note to self: I have to stop going off on tangents), but I'm greatful to have learned / become aware of the things I have. I think when you become more knowledgable about a subject (computing and the internet in general in this case) you begin to appreciate it more, and I have.
I think I would like to work in computers. I'm practically on the computer 24/7 anyway, so I'm used to spending my time staring into a monitor. :)

I hope to be more informative next time. Most of this post was just me freestying. That happens a lot of the time too. I start talking about something and then my mind starts branching out like a Spidergram funnily enough.
In my next post I'll say a little more about the three websites I've mentioned: Gaia Online, Photobucket, and Playlist. Just to give a general idea of the services each of the sites provide (hopefully that'll be soon). Alternatively you could click the links and check them out for yourself, but I'd like to tell you what I know about them. Which I will do as soon as I've had a shower.

Sorry if any of this was hard to follow I'll try to stick to just one train of thought next time, instead of leaping from one to the next, to the next, to the next, and then back again. D:

0 comments: