CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

In the last month...

I've been looking at ways of making money online, so I think I should say a little about that, and mention some of the sites I've come across. There are so many websites out there that claim you can make money with them. You may know of some of the sites where you get paid for taking surveys. If you havent YES you heard me correctly, but hold on to your hat. Don't quit your job just yet. I'll now mention some of the ones I've registered. with.

Ciao / Ciao Surveys was the first one(s) mentioned in most other sites about online surveys. Ciao is more a comsumer panel site than a survey site. They do have a refer a friend program and an affiliate program which can earn you money though, but I couldn't tell you how much. I haven't really looked into that. In fact I just found out about it. Ciao Surveys pays you for completing surveys. It's usually about 10p a survey, and you still might not make it through the screening process. Or they'll have enough people. In which case you don't get anything, apart from annoyed that you've wasted your time, and that's 5 - 10 minutes you'll never get back. That is the general rule of surveys. They can be mind numbingly dull, and I don't know about you, but I consider my time to be worth more than 10p. In the past a man has came to my front door and said, "Would you fill in this survey for me? I'll pay you £5." I was hoping for something more along those lines. If it was more like that, I'd be doing 50 surveys a day. Not that they are always that available. I'd like to move on now. I'll just namedrop a few others I'm registered with and explain what I can about them. Zoompanel, Toluna, iPoints, Global Test Market, and Lightspeed Panel all have a points system. Lightspeed panel is my favourite out of them. Mostly because they send me more surveys than any of the others and you can redeem your points for cash and not just coupons. You still wouldn't be making big money fast, but you'd be making a bit of money and probably at a faster rate than most of them. Although I haven't tried redeeming my points yet. I want to wait until I can get a bigger amount. For example you can redeem 115 points for £1.00 which can be paid into your paypal account. The highest amount of points you can redeem for cash is 4600 points which will get you £40 paid into your paypal account. I currently have 400 points, and I'm holding out for the big 4600. They sometimes give you 100 - 200 points per completed survey, and there's sometimes little bonuses along the way. You also get entered into a prize draw everytime you complete a survey, mini poll or quick match. Quick match is just a small survey to determine what kind of surveys you might be eligable for in the future. Toluna is my second favourite, because even though you can only get vouchers or prize draw entries, you can get points pretty fast, and it seems like a generally okay site. Zoompanel and iPoints are pretty similar. Apart from the fact that it's harder to earn points on iPoints without actually spending some money. In my opinion, one of the top prizes you can redeem your iPoints for is 32' LCD T.V. You'd need 118100 iPoints to get it. So far I have 75. Imagine how many offers I'd have to fill in to get that, and then there's how long it would take overall, and how much I would have to spend on the offers overall. They do offer you some free offers to get iPoints, but sometimes there's a catch. Like it might be free for a month and then you'd have to pay. Zoompanel is a lot better. I just got 5 Zoompoints for answering 1 question, and also because it's just surveys. No having to pay for anything. :) Their prizes aren't amazing, but it's cool if you're not doing it for a living. If you just do surveys now and then, and forget about it for a bit. Every few months or so you could have a nice new accessory. That's the way I should think about it, but I just want money. I don't really care about stuff. Global Test Market seem to have sent me the least survey offers. So I don't really know about them. I think my account balance with them is about 10 points. :( Vindale Research is another Survey site I'm registered with. Initially it seemed ok, but I'm starting to have my doubts about it. They do offer high rewards for Surveys sometimes (5 - 75$ - Sometimes more) but you always seem to need to spend money for the high paying surveys. For example there was one where you had to try online bingo and you had to make a £10.00 deposit, and then you would earn $20.00 for doing the survey. There's another where you have to make a deposit of $15.oo and you would get $25.00 for taking part in the evaluation and the survey. There's no way I would try those. Especially since I've done free surveys with them in the past and it says on my account balance that a few of them havent been verified. Which basicly means I haven't earned anything for those particular surveys that are apparently unverified. So I'm not willing to risk paying anything to do an evaluation. Because if they said it was unverified it would mean they wouldn't have to pay me, and I really can't afford to lose any amount of money.

I'll share more later, but right now I'm about to drop...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice site. I suggest changing the layout to a brighter color as opposed to black.

Black is very dull and dark.

Choose an attractive color that's inviting. Soft blues. Light purples.

Or go bold, such as bright orange or red.

But the content is actually pretty good!

KEEP IT UP!