CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 01, 2009

This is just a quick post...

I just thought I'd mention something, because I thought about it after I'd posted this morning.
It's not a big deal and perhaps not particularly interesting; but on average I have about 9 or 10 tabs open at a time because I'm always doing more than one thing. It can get stupid sometimes.
I assume I'm not the only one who does it, but it strikes me as kind of weird behaviour. It's convenience gone mad.
I probably have 2 or 3 tabs open to start with: Hotmail, Cash Loopholes, and Speeddial (I love Speeddial. It's one of the best Firefox add-ons in my opinion; offering even more convenience). It might only be Firefox 3 compatible though (but don't quote me on that).

Below: Speeddial.


You may have guessed by the title of the add-on, or from the screenshot that it is a really quick and conveneient way of getting to your favourite sites without having to search for them, save them to the desktop or bookmark them . It started with just nine buttons, but is now a lot more customisable, and you can even have multiple Speeddial tabs.

Anyway. This post wasn't intended to be about Speeddial but I thought as I mentioned it; It was worth giving a bit of an explanation for anyone who might not know about it.

As I was saying before that minor distraction; I usually start off with three tabs open. Then I'll read my email and there'll be a link to something and I'll follow it, then I'll have a "quick" look on Cash Loopholes and I'll read something that reminds me of something else, so I'll open that, or a site will be recommended so I'll open that and then I'll follow a link to something else, which requires that I pay for it. So I'll open another tab and look to see if I can find a torrent of it, etc, etc... >.>

I think you get the idea... "Hi, my name is Daemyn and I'm a taboholic."

0 comments: